Marijuana Grow House Cleanup
If you are renting out a home or just purchased a home in Denver, CO, and have found that it was used to grow marijuana legally or illegally, you may find that our home not only smells like cannabis, but that you have other problems like mold, mildew and water damage. Ambrose Restoration performs grow op house remediation for all homes and buildings in and near the Denver, CO, area.
Both legal and illegal grow op houses are often dirty and damaged because of the necessary conditions to grow cannabis. All plants require a certain amount of humidity, light and water to grow. When you essentially turn your home into a greenhouse to grow marijuana, there will be extensive damage to the home. At Ambrose Restoration, our professional marijuana grow house remediation team will go through the following steps:
- Remove all debris left behind: This often includes pots, dirt, fertilizer and other chemicals.
- Ensure the safety of the electrical system and water system in the house: Oftentimes, water lines and electrical lines are improperly spliced and run throughout the house.
- Check and repair drywall affected by moisture: The humidity in the home and additional water lines can cause mold and water damage.
- Check and repair ventilation system: In order to vent some of the moisture and odor out of the house, holes will be cut into the drywall and the ventilation system will be extended. This is often the place where there’s the most mold growth. The HVAC system must be checked for damage and mold before it can be used again.
- Any mold or moisture remediation.
- Cannabis odor removal: Cannabis plants and smoke both put out a strong odor. We use professional cleaning solutions that are people and pet-friendly to remove the sticky residue and cannabis smell.
Cannabis Smell Removal for Marijuana Grow House Remediation
If your home or building in Denver has had someone legally or illegally growing and/or smoking cannabis, there will be a strong, distinct and difficult to remove odor. For complete cannabis odor removal, there are several areas in the home that must be checked and cleaned. These areas can include:
- Ventilation system
Cannabis smell removal is similar to smoke remediation, so our cleaning process will include both sanitation and cannabis odor removal. If we can’t get the cannabis smell out, we are able to restore and replace the area, like carpeting and drywall.
Contact Ambrose Restoration for Marijuana Grow House Remediation
If you find yourself needing legal or illegal marijuana grow house remediation and you’re in the Denver, CO area, don’t hesitate to contact Ambrose Restoration at 303-346-6265. We are Denver’s remediation and restoration experts.